Our morning classes will be seeing a new face around the gym, if they haven’t already. Hailing from Finland, Arttu (prounced – R2) will be leading group and beginners classes during the weekday. He is a CrossFit Regional competitor, life-long athlete and brings a wealth of knowledge and coaching experience to our gym. He is an OPEX certified coach also has his own personal nutrition business. We’re excited to have him!
At an early age, Arttu developed a strong passion for sports and competition that continues to play an integral part of his everyday life today. At 5 years old, Arttu began karate classes wit his father in his hometown of Finland before moving to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia with his family two years later. He spent ten years there, participating in his school’s competitive rugby, volleyball and kickboxing clubs while traveling around Asia to compete. He also acquired an interest in boxing and kickboxing, which soon became his number one passion.
Arttu continued through his University years in Australia under Arslan Magomedov, 4x World Muay Thai Champion while pursuing a degree in Sports Management and Athletic Coaching. He began his coaching career working with amateur and professional kickboxers and continued to study through several different sporting organizations to become a certified strength & conditioning coach, personal trainer and CrossFit coach.
Arttu furthered his education in the field of nutrition for performance and longevity and takes a holistic approach in teaching people human movement, proper nutrition, management of outside stress factors and living a well-balanced life. He writes several individualized training programs for competitors and for anyone who wants to take their fitness to the next level – whether you’re looking to improve your athletic performance as an Elite Athlete or simply move better, live a pain free life Arttu has the skills as developing specific programs for optimum success.
Arttu’s certifications and education background:
CrossFit Level 1 & 2 – Certified (Lvl 3 on – going)
• CrossFit Weightlifting Level 1 & 2 – Coach Certificate
• CrossFit Powerlifting – Coach Certificate
• CrossFit Mobility – Coach Certificate
• European Olympic Weightlifting Association – Certificate of Olympic
• Precision Nutrition – Certified Exercise Nutritionist
• International Sports & Science Association – Specialist in Strength &
• Human Performance Centre – Certificate III & IV in Fitness (Personal Training
• Human Performance Centre – Sports Nutrition Level 1 & 2
• Human Performance Centre – Certified in Sports Supplementation
• Poliquin Group – Biosignature Modulation Level 1 & 2
• Poliquin Group – Program Design principles
• Poliquin Group – PICP Level 1 & 2 – ongoing
• FMS – Level 1 & 2 – ongoing
• OPEX CCP – Level 1 – ongoing
• CPR – American Health Association (Expiration 08/19/2017)
• BA. in Sports Management & Exercise Science – From Bond University –
• Seminar – Ryan Moody explosive training
• Seminar – Nicolas Romanov Pose Running Mechanics
• Seminar – Coach Christopher Sommer Gymnastics Specialty
• Seminar – Kinesthetic Tape Field Work; Japan Chiropractic Association
• Seminar – CrossFit Aerobic Capacity seminar
• Seminar – Donny Shankle Weightlifting Seminar